1. I graduated from my Catholic high school wearing a black Hefty garbage bag. It was an outdoor graduation and we had a flash floods, torrential rain and no backup plan.
2. I know all the words to Marty Robbins' "El Paso". I feel this is such a remarkable achievement that I have listed it on my resume.
3. "El Paso" is not my favorite Marty Robbins song. It's "Devil Woman".
4. I skipped 2nd grade. As far as I can tell this has had no great effect on my life today, except that I never learned to write in cursive and graduated high school at 16.
5. I can recite the alphabet, backwards, in under 10 seconds. And yes, you can totally call me on that.
6. The celebrity I'm most often told I look like? Linda Ronstadt. Been hearing that one since I was in kindergarten.
|image via Wikipedia|
8. I met my husband in the drama department of our local community college.
9. EVERY program on the new Oprah Winfrey Network makes me cry. What is she trying to prove?
|This network should come with a year's supply of Kleenex. image via Wikipedia|
10. When I was 18, my mom and sister dragged me to some charity event and I complained the entire time-until I won a trip to Disney World in the raffle.
11. Speaking of raffles, I am a total raffle whore.
12. I ADORE Las Vegas. The tackier, the better. If the casino doesn't have ashtrays in the toilet stalls, why bother?
|Freemont Street, the Happiest Place on Earth. image via Wikipedia|
13. I am completely incapable of driving a stick shift without crying.
14. I have totally flat feet. We're talking Full Flintstone, folks.
15. I have worn the following fashion trends in public: rubber bangles, knickerbockers, a cape, dayglo, plastic shoes, mismatched earrings, a bucketful of fake pearls, bolo ties, leg warmers, fingerless gloves, overalls, "sneakersocks", fishnet stockings with ballet slippers, all manner of too-large menswear.
16. When I was 10, I got caught in a riptide and had to be rescued by a lifeguard. Muy Baywatch!
|image via Wikipedia|
17. My dream car is the Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. Which I will never own, because I will never be able to drive it. (see #13)
18. I had a rather traumatic birth after which half of my face was paralyzed for quite some time. There's no visible evidence of it now, but I don't see or hear as well on that side.
19. Despite growing up in San Diego, I've never been to the horseraces at Del Mar-even though it's something I've always wanted to do.
20. I also know all the words to the Dead Milkmen's "Punk Rock Girl". That one? Is not on my resume.
21. I feel about Target the way that Holly Golightly feels about Tiffany's.
22. When I lived in the NYC area, I once went to the top of the World Trade Center and loved it, even though I am terrified of heights.
23. I was also in NYC on September 11, 2001.
24. Even though I love the beach and swimming in the ocean, I've never been surfing.
25. I got my very first Barbie for my 17th birthday from my friend Robert. She was awesome. My mom didn't believe Barbies were healthy for little girls to play with-until she had a granddaughter.
|Thanks Robert! image via Wikipedia|
Wishing you love with extra cheese-
PS-that was so much harder than I thought it would be!